School board member banned from classrooms during district investigation
The Adams 14 school district has banned one of its school board members from classrooms while the district investigates an allegation that he grabbed a student by the arm during a school visit.
“No director on the board is above the board’s policies, and to preserve the public trust, it is the desire of the board to operate under the highest ethical standards,” a district statement about its move reads.

Board member Bill Hyde was reportedly visiting Monaco Elementary School on Jan. 24 when he “allegedly grabbed the arm of a student,” according to a district statement and a letter sent home to parents earlier this week.
No other details about the incident have been released. School officials said in the letter to parents that they immediately contacted the Adams County Sheriff’s Office.
Sgt. Paul Gregory, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office, said the agency is not pressing charges against Hyde. A report of the incident has not yet been made available.
Hyde did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The district has hired an independent investigator to look into the matter.
“The investigation is ongoing, and no determination of wrongdoing by Dr. Hyde has been made,” the district’s statement reads. “The board respects the independence and integrity of the investigation and will await its conclusion before considering any action regarding Dr. Hyde.”
// <![CDATA[ // <![CDATA[ // &lt;![CDATA[ // &amp;lt;![CDATA[ DV.load(“https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5712470-Important-Message-From-Board-President-Quintana-1.js”, { responsive: true, container: “#DV-viewer-5712470-Important-Message-From-Board-President-Quintana-1” }); // ]]&amp;gt; // ]]&gt; // ]]> // ]]>
Important Message From Board President Quintana (1) (PDF)
Important Message From Board President Quintana (1) (Text)
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit news site covering educational change in public schools.

