Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead at the Colorado state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. The daily schedule is available on the legislature’s website.
Regarding remote testimony, here are the ground rules from the Legislative Council publication on public participation:
During the 2019 legislative session, six sites will be available for remote testimony for specific bill hearings: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Otero Junior College in La Junta, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Trinidad Junior College in Trinidad, Lamar Community College in Lamar and Adams State University in Alamosa.
"If you wish to testify remotely, you will need to sign up through the General Assembly's registration website. In order for a remote testimony site to be available for testimony, at least one witness must be registered to testify at the site at least 24 hours before the hearing on the previous business day.
"The deadline is 10:00 a.m. for committees scheduled to meet Upon Adjournment. If at least one witness is registered by the deadline, additional witnesses may continue to sign up online to testify remotely until one hour before the scheduled hearing time and may sign up at the remote testimony site until public testimony on the bill concludes.
"Please note that there is no guarantee that all witnesses, including remote witnesses, will be permitted to testify on a bill, or that remote witnesses will be able to testify at a specific time."
A note about this week's schedule: Traditionally, the General Assembly takes off Good Friday, which is April 19. As of press time, neither chamber has anything scheduled for Friday, but that may be subject to change.
MONDAY, APRIL 15
Bill of the day
House Health & Insurance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 271
- House Bill 1312, Mullica -- School Immunization Requirements. AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
House Transportation & Local Government Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- House Bill 1298, Melton -- Electric Motor Vehicle Charging Station Parking
Senate Business Affairs & Labor, 1:30 p.m. Room 354
- House Bill 1210, Danielson and Moreno -- Local Government Minimum Wage. For action only.
Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 354
- Senate Bill 232, Foote -- Campaign Finance Enforcement
- Senate Bill 225, Gonzales and Rodriguez -- Authorize Local Governments To Stabilize Rent
TUESDAY, APRIL 16
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- Senate Bill 12, Melton -- Use Of Mobile Electronic Devices While Driving. Background here.
- Senate Bill 185, Landgraf and Roberts -- Protections For Minor Human Trafficking Victims
House State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Legislative Services Building A (LSB-A)
- House Bill 1318, Weissman -- The Clean Campaign Act of 2019
- Senate Bill 166, Roberts -- POST Board Revoke Certification For Untruthful Statement
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17
House Business Affairs & Labor Committee, 1:30 p.m., LSB-A
- House Bill 1306, Esgar and Galindo -- Monitoring Colorado Call Center Job Losses
- Senate Bill 85, Buckner and Gonzales-Gutierrez -- Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. Background here.
House Health & Insurance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- Senate Bill 5, Jaquez Lewis -- Import Prescription Drugs From Canada. Background here.
- House Bill 1287, Esgar and Wilson -- Treatment For Opioids & Substance Use Disorders
Senate Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 352
- House Bill 1244, Fields and Gardner -- Expand Peace Officer Mental Health Support Program
Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 357
- House Bill 1266, Fenberg -- Restore Voting Rights Parolees
- House Bill 1248, Foote -- Lobbyist Transparency Act
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 2, Lundeen -- Modifications To Operations Of General Assembly
THURSDAY, APRIL 18
Joint Committee, Legislative Council, 8 a.m., Room 271
- Senate Bill 94, Garnett -- Extend School Finance Interim Committee. This would be the committee's third summer of work.
Senate Finance Committee, upon adjournment, Room 357
- House Bill 1090, Gonzales and Hill -- Publicly Licensed Marijuana Companies
Senate Transportation & Energy Committee, upon adjournment, Room 352
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 3, Priola -- Replace Motor Fuel Taxes With Additional Sales Tax. Background here.
Senate Health & Human Services Committee, 1:30 p.m., LSB-B