CoPo's weekly political calendar will help you find political and public-policy events throughout Colorado. It includes candidate and issue campaign events, public policy meetings, court hearings, state and local party conventions, assemblies, debates, rallies, parades, speaking engagements, traveling dignitary appearances, water meetings, book signings, county commission hearings, city council meetings and more. As a subscriber, you can submit your own events for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org for free publication on this page. Please include who, what, when, where and why for each event.
(Party designations: R-Republican, D-Democrat, L-Libertarian, G-Green, S-Socialist.)
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
• (R) Jefferson Republican Men’s Club, 7-9 a.m., 10151 W. 26th Ave., Wheat Ridge. Contact Fred Holden at 303-421-7619. Cost $5 plus breakfast.
• (R) Larimer County Republican Breakfast Club, 7-8:30 a.m., Johnson’s Corner SE Frontage Road 1-25 Exit 254, Cost $10.
• (D) Fountain Democratic Club, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Metcalfe Park E Ohio Ave., Fountain. Contact Jan King at 719-382-1015 for more information.
• (R) Summit County GOP Central Committee, 5:30-7 p.m., Hobby Room, 151 Peak One Blvd., Frisco.
• Denver City Council Meeting, 5:30-9 p.m.
• (D) HD 8 Officers Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., Contact email@example.com for restaurant location information.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
• (R) Delta County Republicans Monthly Meeting, 12-1 p.m., United Realty Office Bridge Street, Hotchkiss. Contact Sue Whittlesey at 970-835-7600.
• CoLeg: Pension Review Committee, 9 a.m., State Capitol HCR 0112.
• Denver City Council: Finance & Governance Committee, 1:30 p.m., City and County Building Room 391, Denver.
• Aurora: Oil and Gas Advisory Committee Meeting, 4-6 p.m., AMC Aspen Room, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Centennial: 2019 Ballot Lot Drawing, 5:30 p.m., Lobby Area, 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• Centennial: City Council Meeting, 6 p.m., 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• (D) Dinner Planning Committee, 6-8 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• Arvada: Planning Commission Meeting, 6:10 p.m., Council Chambers, 8101 Ralston Road.
• (R) Delta County Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8:30, 21987 Austin Road, Austin. Contact Beth Oglesby at 970-250-4679.
• Aurora: Citizens Advisory Budget Committee, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Ponderosa Room, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora. Contact Kimberly Brown at 303-739-7492.
• (D) JeffCo: Chair’s Advisory Committee, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 8725 W. 14th Ave. #130, Lakewood.
• (S) Immigration Working Group Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 1400 N. Lafayette St., Denver.
• (D) HD 6 Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 690 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
• (R) DGOP Executive Committee Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., 2nd Floor Conference Room, 1660 S. Albion St., Denver.
• (D) HD 5 Meeting, 7-9 p.m., Emily Griffith Technical College 1205 Osage St., Denver.
• (R) North JeffCo Republican Women, 7-9 p.m., 9100 100th Ave., Westminster. Contact email@example.com.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
• (R) Arapahoe County Republican Breakfast Club, 7-8:30 a.m., 7401 South Clinton St., Englewood, Contact Myron Spanier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-877-2940.
• CoLeg: Colorado Youth Advisory Council Review Committee, 2 p.m., State Capitol SCR 357.
• DRCOG: Executive Committee, 3 p.m., Seven Falls Conference Room 1001 17th St. Suite 700, Denver.
• DRCOG: Board Work Session, 4 p.m., Aspen/Birch Conference Room 1001 17th St., Denver.
• Arvada: AURA Board Meetings, 5:30 p.m., 5601 Olde Wadsworth Blvd. Set. 210, Arvada.
• DRCOG: Performance and Engagement Committee, 5:30 p.m., Douglas Fir Conference Room, 1001 17th St., Denver.
• Aurora: Human Relations Commission, 6-8 p.m., Aspen Room, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora. Contact Barbara Shannon-Banister at 303-739-7580.
• Aurora: Veterans Affairs Aurora Stand Down Committee, 6-8 p.m., Heritage Christian Center, 14401 E. Exposition Ave., Aurora. Contact email@example.com.
• (R) Denver: Liberty on the Rocks, 6-8:30 p.m., 80 S. Madison St., Denver.
• (D) Diversity and Inclusion Meeting, 6:30-9 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• Lakewood: Planning Commission, 7 p.m., City Council Chambers, 480 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood.
• (S) Mutual Aid Committee Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., Location TBD. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 5
• (R) South JeffCo Republican Breakfast Club, 7-8 a.m., 3901 S. Carr St., Lakewood. Contact Rich Hass at 303-718-6960.
• CoLeg: Executive Committee of the Legislative Council, 9 a.m., Old State Library, Denver.
• CoLeg: Legislative Council, will start upon adjournment of Executive Committee of the Legislative Council in the Old State Library, Denver.
• DRCOG: Regional Vision Zero Stakeholders Meeting, 10 a.m., Aspen Conference Room 1001, 17th St., Denver.
• (L) Boulder Libertarian Lunch, 12:15-2 p.m., 645 30th St., Boulder. Contact Lance Cayko at email@example.com.
• (R) Adams County: Reagan Club of Colorado Monthly Meeting, 5:30-9 p.m., 541 E. 99th Place, Thornton. Guest Speakers: Lori Saine, Perry Buck, Vicki Marble, Admission $25 and dinner is included, buy tickets at reaganclubco.com/events.
• Clear Creek County: Board of Adjustment Meeting, 6 p.m., 405 Argentine St., Georgetown. Contact 303-679-2362 for more information.
• (R) Clear Creek County GOP Meeting, 6-7 p.m., 1630 Miner St., Idaho Springs.
• (L) LP of Douglas County Monthly Meeting, 6-8 p.m., 9239 Park Meadows Drive, Lone Tree.
• (D) El Paso County: Executive Committee Meeting, 6-8 p.m., 332 W. Bijou St., Colorado Springs.
• (D) Broomfield County Democrats Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., 280 Spader Way, Broomfield.
• (D) HD 8 Evening Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., Irish Snug, 1201 E. Colfax Ave. #100, Denver.
• (R) HD 1 Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., VFW Post 5061, 5220 W. Warren Ave., Denver.
• Aurora: Youth Commission, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Aurora Room, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Jenna Katsaros at 303-739-7165.
• (S) Steering Zoom Call, 7-8 p.m., Check Slack, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• (D) Public Policy Committee, 7-8:30 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6
• (R) Douglas County: Parker Breakfast Club, 7-8 a.m., 11020 S. Pikes Peak Drive #150, Parker. Contact the club at email@example.com.
• (R) Denver GOP First Friday Breakfast, 8-9:30, 2910 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CoLeg: Opioid and Other Substance Use Disorders Study Committee, 9:30 a.m., Old State Library, Denver.
• Aurora: Federal, State & Intergovernmental Relations Policy Committee, 1:30-3 p.m., Mt. Elbert, 5th Floor, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway. Contact Debora O’Connor at 303-739-7595.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
• (R) Gunnison GOP Meeting, 8:30-10:30 a.m., 10209 Hwy 135, Almont, Contact Jane Chaney at 970-349-7744.
• (D) HD 4 Monthly Meeting, 9-11 a.m., VFW Hall 4747 W. Colfax Ave., Denver.
• (R) Denver Liberty Toastmasters, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 727 E. 16th Ave., Denver.
• (R) Royal Gorge Gun & Pistol Club, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 1289 Red Canyon Road, Cañon City. RSVP to email@example.com.
• Westminster: Know Your Rights, 12-1 p.m., Community Room 7392 Irving St., Westminster. Information on housing, health, education, human services and civil rights issues. Contact 303-658-2303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• (D) DPoD Central Committee Meeting, 12-4:30 p.m., South High School 1700 E. Louisiana Ave., Denver.
• (S) DSA 101- What is Democratic Socialism, 1-3 p.m., Contact email@example.com for location information.
• (L) LP of Delta County Monthly Meeting, 6-8 p.m., 820 Hwy 92, Delta.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
• (D) Delta Dems BBQ, 12-3 p.m., Lion’s Pavilion 510 Palmer St., Delta. Festivities include a farmer’s market and silent auction, tickets are $15 per person and can be purchased by contacting Debbie Fisk at 970-773-1717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.