CoPo's weekly political calendar will help you find political and public-policy events throughout Colorado. It includes candidate and issue campaign events, public policy meetings, court hearings, state and local party conventions, assemblies, debates, rallies, parades, speaking engagements, traveling dignitary appearances, water meetings, book signings, county commission hearings, city council meetings and more. As a subscriber, you can submit your own events for publication to email@example.com for free publication on this page. Please include who, what, when, where and why for each event.
(Party designations: R-Republican, D-Democrat, L-Libertarian, G-Green, S-Socialist.)
Monday, July 22
• Jefferson Republican Men’s Club, 7-9 a.m., Davie’s Chuck Wagon Diner 10151 W 26th Ave, Wheat Ridge, Contact Fred Holden 303-421-7619, $5 plus the cost of breakfast.
• (R) Larimer County Breakfast Club, 7-8:30 a.m., Johnson’s Corner SE Frontage Rd, I-25 exit 254, cost $10.
• Co Leg: Prison Population Management Interim Study Committee, 9 a.m., Colorado State Capitol Room: LSB A.
• Co Leg: Making Higher Education Attainable Interim Study Committee, 10 a.m., Colorado State Capitol Room: SCR 352.
• Co Leg: Sales and Use Tax Simplification Task Force, 10 a.m., Colorado State Capitol in the Old State Library.
• DRCOG: Transportation Advisory Committee, 1:30 p.m., 1001 17th St. Aspen Birch Conference Room First Floor.
• City Council Special Study Session, 4-9 p.m., Aurora Room-First Floor 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Contact Stephen Ruger, City Clerk, 303-739-7094.
• Lakewood City Council Special Meeting, 5:30 p.m., City Manager’s Conference Room 2nd Floor South Building 480 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood.
• City Council Work Session, 6 p.m., Community Room at Public Works Facility 7272 S Eagle St., Englewood, Contact 303-325-8000.
• Arvada City Council Regular Business Meeting, 6-8 p.m., City Hall Council Chambers 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada.
Tuesday, July 23
• Co Leg: Early Childhood and School Readiness Legislative Commission, 9 a.m., Colorado State Capitol, Room: SCR 357.
• Healthy Farmer’s Market, begins at 9 a.m., 9417 Huron St., Thornton.
• Co Leg: Tax Expenditure Evaluation Interim Study Committee, 9:30 a.m., Colorado State Capitol, Room: HCR 0112.
• Civic Center EATS, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Civic Center Park 101 14th Ave., Denver, Metro’s largest gathering of gourmet food trucks.
• Meet the Mayor, 10 a.m., Civic Center 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• Management and Finance Policy Committee, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Ponderosa Room 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora.
• Beats on the Creek, 2:25-9 p.m., Bridge on the corner of Wewatta and Speer 1400 Wewatta St., Denver, summer concert series featuring diverse music.
• Open Space Board, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Sand Creek Room 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora.
• Thornton City Council Update, 5:45 p.m., Thornton City Hall Training Room 9500 Civic Center Drive, Thornton.
• SEAR: Southeast Aurora Republican Forum, 6-8:30 p.m., Heritage Eagle Bend Clubhouse 23155 E. Heritage Parkway, Aurora, social time begins at 6pm, program at 6:30.
• Candidate Information Meeting, 6 p.m., Council Chambers 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial. Who should attend: candidates and potential candidates for City of Centennial elective office, campaign managers, and interested voters. Presentation by City Clerk Barbara Setterlind and members of the Election Commission.
• Open Space Advisory Board Meeting, 6 p.m., Civic Center 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• Fremont County GOP Meeting, 6:30-7:30 p.m., 603 Main St., Canon City.
• Arvada Board of Adjustment Meeting, 6:30 p.m., Council Chambers 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada.
• (S) Immigration Working Group Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 1400 N. Lafayette St., Denver.
Wednesday, July 24
• DRCOG: ACT (Agency Coordination Team) and ICG (Air Quality Interagency Consolation Group), 9 a.m., 1001 17th S.t, Red Rocks Conference Room 7th Floor.
• Summer in the City, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Triangle Park, Free event of the whole family, Contact Morgan Gerdes 303-739-7170.
• Larimer County Republican Club, 12-1:30 p.m., The Moot House 2626 S. College Ave., Fort Collins, Contact Ingrid Mitts at 970-224-1927.
• DRCOG: Regional Transportation Operations Working Group, 1:30-3:30 p.m., 1001 17th St., Red Rocks Conference Room 7th Floor.
• America Meditates, 4-10 p.m., City Park 2001 Colorado Blvd., Denver, America Mediates is an event designed to raise awareness about mental health, lineup of interfaith leaders and hip hop artists.
• (L) Mesa County Social, 5:30 p.m., Old Chicago Pizza 120 North Ave., Grand Junction.
• Election Commission/Campaign Finance Training, 6-8 p.m., Fletcher Room 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Michael Lawson at 303-739-7188.
Thursday, July 25
• Boulder County Republicans Executive Committee Meeting, 7-9 p.m., 619 E. Ken Pratt Blvd., Longmont.
• Boulder Libertarian Lunch, 12:15 p.m., Carelli’s Restaurant 645 30th St., Boulder, Contact Bill Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Arapahoe County Fair-Co Sponsored by the City of Centennial, 4 p.m., Arapahoe County Fairgrounds 25690 E. Quincy Ave., Aurora, Featuring a Mexican rodeo, craft beer festival, butterfly festival, and 4H.
• Liquor Licensing Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Council Chambers 8101 Ralston Road, Arvada.
• (D) House District 7 Meeting, 6-7:30, Bass Pro Shops 7970 Northfield Blvd. in the Islamadora Restaurant, Denver.
• (D) House District 27 Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., Arvada Library 7525 W. 57th Ave., Arvada.
• 5280 Top of the Town Event 2019, 7-10 p.m., Larimer St. from 14th to 15th, an evening of live music and bites prepared by top restaurants.
• (D) Economic Inequality Study Group, 7-8:30 p.m., DPoD HQ 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• Ward 2 ICS and Concert in the Park, 7 p.m., Carpenter Amphitheater 3482 E. 112th Ave., Thornton.
• Tenacious D in Post-Apocalypto The Tour 2019 accompanied by the Colorado Symphony, 8 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.), Red Rocks Amphitheater, tickets are available at the Denver Coliseum box office from 11-3 p.m. every Saturday.
Friday, July 26
• Conceptual Articulation Reception, 6 p.m., Thornton Arts & Culture Center 9209 Dorothy Blvd.
• Republicans of Highlands Ranch, 7-8:30 a.m., Salsa Bravo 52 W. Springer Drive, Highlands Ranch, Contact Jeff Walden at 720-628-4787.
• World Hepatitis Day, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Skyline Park 1500 Arapahoe St., Denver, free confidential testing, educational materials, and outreach activities.
• Underground Music Showcase, 12-10 p.m., 4th Ave. S. Broadway and W. Archer Place, Denver, UMS is the largest three day indie music festival in the Rocky Mountain Region.
• Zabiti Circus Montello Celebration, 2:30 p.m., Rainbow Militia Circus is proud to present a Free Circus celebration of the Montbello Community, the event includes community circus workshops, neighborhood talent showcase, free circus performances, and live music, apply to perform and learn more at zabiti.com/wagon.
Saturday, July 27
• Bob Cook/Mt Evans Hill Climb, 6 a.m.-2 p.m., Idaho Springs to Mt. Evans, post event in Idaho Springs, for more information go to bicyclerace.com.
• (D) Annual Arapahoe County Picnic Hosted by House District 3, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Westland’s Park 5701 S. Quebec St., Greenwood Village.
• Destination Health: Family Fest at City Park, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., City Park 2001 Colorado Blvd., Denver, family-friendly community fathering for all ages, the first 150 attendees get a free t-shirt, features a movement zone, food zone, kids’ zone, and learning zone.
• Lakewood Ward 3 Meeting with Council Members Pete Roybal and Mike Bieda, 9-10:30 a.m., Philips United Methodist Church 1450 S. Pierce St., Lakewood.
• Cheesman Park Art Fest: July 27-28, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., 1599 E. 8th Ave., Denver. This colorful outdoor festival was ranked #4 in the nation for sales of Classic and Contemporary Craft by Sunshine Artist Magazine. The Art Fest has you culturally covered from live music to Denver’s best food trucks.
Sunday, July 28
• Soc-Fem Books and Brunch, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Discussing Angela Davis’ Women, Race and Class the first five essays and discussing, bring a brunch dish to share, Books and Brunch is open to women, trans, and non-binary folks, Contact email@example.com or 720-319-8678 for location information.
• City Park Jazz: Freddie Rodriguez and the Jazz Connection, 6-8 p.m., City Park 2001 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
• John Prine with the Colorado Symphony, 7 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.), Red Rocks Amphitheater, tickets are available at the Denver coliseum every Saturday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.