CoPo's weekly political calendar will help you find political and public-policy events throughout Colorado. It includes candidate and issue campaign events, public policy meetings, court hearings, state and local party conventions, assemblies, debates, rallies, parades, speaking engagements, traveling dignitary appearances, water meetings, book signings, county commission hearings, city council meetings and more. As a subscriber, you can submit your own events for publication to email@example.com for free publication on this page. Please include who, what, when, where and why for each event.
(Party designations: R-Republican, D-Democrat, L-Libertarian, G-Green, S-Socialist.)
MONDAY, AUGUST 5
• (R) Jefferson Republican Men’s Club, 7-9 a.m., Davie’s Chuck Wagon Diner 10151 W. 26th Ave., Wheat Ridge, Cost $5+ breakfast, Contact Fred Holden at 303-421-7619.
• (R) Larimer County Republican Breakfast Club, 7-8:30 a.m., Johnson’s Corner at SE Frontage Road and 1-25 Exit 254, Cost for buffet breakfast and meeting is $10.
• Aurora Commission for Seniors, 1-3 p.m., 30 Del Mar Circle, Aurora, Contact Ron Roulhac at 303-739-7950.
• (D) County Officers Meeting, 5:30-6:30 p.m., For location information visit denverdemocrats.org.
• (R) Summit County GOP Central Committee Meeting, 5:30-7 p.m., 151 Peak One Blvd., Frisco.
• Denver City Council Meeting, 5:30-9 p.m., 1437 Bannock St., Denver.
• Centennial: City Council Meeting, 6 p.m., 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• (D) HD8 Officers Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., Visit denverdemocrats.org for location information.
• Westminster: City Council Study Session, 6:30-10:30 p.m., Council Board Room 4800 W. 92nd Ave., Westminster, Contact Kodi Erb at 303-658-2001.
• Aurora City Council Regular Meeting, 7:30 p.m., Council Chambers 1st Floor 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Stephen Ruger at 303-739-7094.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 6
• Centennial: Meet the Mayor, 10 a.m., 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• (R) Delta County Republicans Monthly Meeting, 12-1 p.m., United Realty Office 204 E. Bridge St., Hotchkiss, Contact Sue Whittlesey at 970-835-7600.
• (R) Delta County Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Surface Creek Community Church 21987 Austin Road, Austin, Contact Betty Oglesby at 970-250-4679.
• Aurora: Citizens Advisory Budget Committee, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Ponderosa Room 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Kimberley Brown at 303-739-7492.
• (S) Immigration Working Group Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 1400 N. Lafayette St., Denver.
• (D) JeffCo Chair’s Advisory Committee, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 8725 W. 14th Ave. #130, Lakewood.
• (D) HD 6 Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Christ Church United Methodist 690 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
• (R) Denver GOP Executive Committee meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., 2nd Floor Conference Room 1660 S. Albion St., Denver.
• (D) HD 5 Meeting, 7-9 p.m., Emily Griffith Tech College 1205 Osage St., Denver.
• (R) North JeffCo Republican Women, 7-9 p.m., 911 Driving School 9100 100th Ave., Westminster.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7
• (R) Arapahoe County Republican Breakfast Club, 7-8:30 a.m., 7401 South Clinton S.t, Englewood, Contact Myron Spanier at 303-877-2940.
• DRCOG: Board Work Session, 4 p.m., 101 17th St. Aspen/Birch Conf Room, Denver.
• DRCOG: Performance and Engagement Committee, 5:30 p.m., 1001 17th St. Douglas Fir Conference Room.
• (R) Liberty on the Rocks, 6-8:30 p.m., 80 S. Madison St., Denver.
• Aurora: Veterans Affairs Stand Down Committee, 6-8 p.m., Heritage Christian Center 14401 E. Exposition Ave., Aurora, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Aurora: Human Relations Commission, 6-8 p.m., Aspen Room 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Claudine McDonald at 303-739-7653.
• (D) Diversity and Outreach Committee, 6:30-9 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• (S) Mutual Aid Committee: Monthly Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., 710 E 26th Ave., Denver.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8
• (R) Foothills Republicans Club, 11:30-1 p.m., 6255 W. Quincy Ave., Denver.
• (L) Boulder Libertarian Lunch, 12:15 p.m., 645 30th St., Boulder, Contact Lance Cayko at email@example.com.
• (D) El Paso County Dems Social Hour, 4:30-6:30 p.m., The Bench 424 S. Nevada Ave., Colorado Springs.
• Westminster: Elected Officials Dinner, 5:30-8:30 p.m., 10600 Westminster Blvd., Contact Kathryn Schroeder at 303-658-2100.
• (R) Montrose County Republicans Central Committee Meeting, 6-7:30 p.m., Montrose Education Services Board Room, 930 Colorado Ave., Montrose.
• Aurora Housing Authority, 6-8 p.m., 2280 S. Xanadu Way, Aurora, Contact Hannah Han at 720-251-2066.
• (R) HD 9 Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 3401 S. Dahlia St., Denver.
• Centennial: Youth Commission Meeting, 7 p.m., 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• (R) HD 5 Monthly Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., Pints Pub 221 W. 13th Ave., Denver.
• (D) Education Study Group, 7-8:30 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• (R) Elbert County Republican Women Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., 651 W. Beverly St., Elizabeth.
• (S) Electoral Committee Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for location information.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9
• DRCOG: Broomfield Subregional Forum, 8:30-10:30 a.m., for more information and location please visit drcog.org.
• Aurora: Public Defender Commission, 1-3 p.m., Public Defender’s Office 14999 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Laurie Cole at 303-739-6555.
• Aurora: Federal, State & Intergovernmental Relations Policy Committee, 1:30-3 p.m., Mt. Elbert 5th Floor 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Contact Debora O’Connor at 303-739-7595.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
• (R) Weld Breakfast, 8-9:30 a.m., 815 7th St., Ft. Lupton, RSVP to John Kivimaki at 303-828-0262.
• (R) Weld County Breakfast, 8-9:30 a.m., Double Tree 701 Vasquez Blvd., Platteville, RSVP to Marge Klein at 303-246-2716.
• (R) Douglas Executive Meeting, 8-9 a.m., Douglas County Courthouse 400 Justice Way, Castle Rock.
• (R) North Suburban Republican Forum, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Community Room 9998 Grant St., Thornton, $3 per person, Contact Dana West at 303-280-0243.
• (R) JeffCo Republicans: Wheat Ridge Carnation Festival Parade, Contact Alex Inscoe at 303-842-4277.
• (R) Denver Republican Women Monthly Meeting, 9-11 a.m., Berkeley Lake Park 4601 W. 46th Ave., Denver.
• (D) HD1 Meeting, 9-11 a.m., Christ the King Lutheran Church 2300 S. Patton Court, Denver.
• (R) West Arapahoe Republican Forum, 9:15-11:15 a.m., 2255 West Berry Ave., Littleton.
• (D) Website Team Monthly Meeting, 10 a.m. -12 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• Aurora: Judicial Performance Commission, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Court Administrator’s Conference Room 14999 E. Alameda Parkway, Meetings are not open to the public, for more information visit auroragov.org.
• (R) Denver Republican Woman Fundraiser, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Berekley Park 4800 Sheridan Blvd., Denver, For more information visit denvergopwomen.org.
• (L) Community Gardening with LP Boulder, 12-1 p.m., 11th Ave. Gardens 156 11th Ave., Longmont.
• (S) Chapter Meeting, 2-4 p.m., SEIU Offices 2525 W. Alameda Ave., Denver.
• (R) Gunnison County Lincoln Day Dinner, 6-9 p.m., Three Rivers Resort Dance Hall 130 Co Road 742, Almont.