Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead at the Colorado state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. The daily schedule is available on the Legislature’s website.
MONDAY, FEB. 17 -- President's Day
The Colorado General Assembly is closed for President's Day
TUESDAY, FEB. 18
Bill of the day
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 271
House Transportation & Local Government Committee, upon adjournment, Legislative Services Building, Room A (LSB-A)
- HB 1178, Holtorf -- Increase Speed Limit On Certain Rural Highways
- HB 1279, McKean and Roberts -- Drunk Driving Enforcement Funding
- HB 1145, McKean -- Move Over Or Slow Down For Official Vehicle
Senate Local Government Committee, 2 p.m., Room 354
- SB 128, Coram -- Generation & Transmission Coop Easement Broadband
Senate Transportation & Energy Committee, 2 p.m., Old Supreme Court Chambers
- For appointments expiring July 1, 2020, seven members of the Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission. Note: the COGCC will transition to a full-time commission on July 1, 2020, per Senate Bill 19-181
- SB 167, Hansen and Priola -- Electric Motor Vehicle Manufacturer & Dealer
- SB 151, Tate and Rodriguez -- Administration of the RTD
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 19
Bill of the day
Senate Health & Human Services Committee, upon adjournment, Old Supreme Court Chamber
House Health & Insurance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- HB 1008, Lontine -- Health Care Cost-sharing Consumer Protections, for action only
- HB 1085, Kennedy and Herod -- Prevention Of Substance Use Disorders
- HB 1065, Kennedy and Herod -- Harm Reduction Substance Use Disorders
- HB 1075, Humphrey and Saine -- Protect Human Life At Conception
House Transportation & Local Government Committee, 1:30 p.m., LSB-A
- HB 1196, Hooton and McCluskie -- Mobile Home Park Act Updates
- HB 1201, Hooton and Gonzales-Gutierrez -- Mobile Home Park Residents Opportunity To Purchase
Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., LSB-B
- HB 1010, Donovan -- Accurate Residence For Redistricting Act. Background here.
- SB 105, Scott -- Daylight Saving Time Observed Year Round. Background here.
- SB 15, Hill -- Student Access To Transportation To Other Schools. Background here.
THURSDAY, FEB. 20
House Rural Affairs & Agriculture Committee, upon adjournment, LSB-A
- SB 2, McLachlan -- Rural Economic Development Initiative Grant Program
Senate Finance Committee, upon adjournment, Room 357
- SB 52, Coram -- Smart School Bus Safety Pilot Program
- SB 33, Tate -- Allow Medicaid Buy-in Program After Age 65
House Education Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- HB 1240, McCluskie and Will -- Early College Program & P-tech School Expansion
- HB 1276, Geitner -- Individualized Student Degree Programs
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- SB 61, Becker -- Yield To Bicycles In Bicycle Lanes
- HB 1274, Soper -- Increase Sentence Served Before Parole Eligibility. Available for remote testimony.
Senate Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 357