Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead in the state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. The daily schedule is available on the legislature’s website.
A note about remote testimony: This week, the first bill available for remote testimony will be heard in the Senate. Here are the ground rules, from the Legislative Council publication on public participation:
During the 2019 legislative session, six sites will be available for remote testimony for specific bill hearings: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Otero Junior College in La Junta, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Trinidad Junior College in Trinidad, Lamar Community College in Lamar, and Adams State University in Alamosa.
"If you wish to testify remotely, you will need to sign up through the General Assembly's registration website. In order for a remote testimony site to be available for testimony, at least one witness must be registered to testify at the site at least 24 hours before the hearing on the previous business day. The deadline is 10:00 a.m. for committees scheduled to meet Upon Adjournment. If at least one witness is registered by the deadline, additional witnesses may continue to sign up online to testify remotely until one hour before the scheduled hearing time and may sign up at the remote testimony site until public testimony on the bill concludes. Please note that there is no guarantee that all witnesses, including remote witnesses, will be permitted to testify on a bill, or that remote witnesses will be able to testify at a specific time."
MONDAY, FEB 11
House Energy & Environment Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- House Bill 1037, Hansen -- Colorado Energy Impact Assistance Act AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
Senate Business Affairs & Labor Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 354
- Senate Bill 103, Williams A. and Tate -- Legalizing Minors' Businesses
Senate State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 357
- Senate Bill 110, Crowder -- Licensing Regulation Ambulatory Surgical Centers
TUESDAY, FEB. 12
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- House Bill 1064, Sullivan -- Victim Notification Criminal Proceedings --AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
- House Bill 1155, Michaelson Jenet and Carver-- Additions To Definition Of Sexual Contact
House State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 271
- House Bill 1156, Neville -- Proof Of Citizenship To Register To Vote
- House Bill 1140, Humphrey -- Live & Let Live Act
- Senate Bill 42, Sirota and Arndt -- National Popular Vote. Background here.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 13
House Public Health Care & Human Services Committee, upon adjournment, Room 107
- House Bill 1129, Michaelson Jenet and Esgar -- Prohibit Conversion Therapy for A Minor
House Health & Insurance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- House Bill 1103, Humphrey and Saine -- Protect Human Life At Conception
- House Bill 1154, Catlin and Mullica -- Patient Choice Of Pharmacy
THURSDAY, FEB. 14
Senate Transportation & Energy Committee, upon adjournment, Room 352
- Senate Bill 12, Court -- Use Of Mobile Electronic Devices While Driving (FOR ACTION ONLY)
House Education Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- House Bill 1017, Michaelson Jenet -- K-5 Social And Emotional Health Act, AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
- House Bill 1139, Carver -- American Civics Education
- House Bill 1123, Larson -- Income Tax Deduction For 529 Acct K12 Expenses
- Senate Bill 9, McLachlan and Wilson -- Financial Incentives For Rural Educators
Senate Health & Human Services, 1:30 p.m., Legislative Services Building, Room B
- Senate Bill 53, Cooke -- California Motor Vehicle Emission Standards