Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead at the state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. The daily schedule is available on the legislature’s website.
A note about remote testimony: This week, the first bill available for remote testimony will be heard in the Senate. Here are the ground rules, from the Legislative Council publication on public participation:
During the 2019 legislative session, six sites will be available for remote testimony for specific bill hearings: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Otero Junior College in La Junta, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Trinidad Junior College in Trinidad, Lamar Community College in Lamar, and Adams State University in Alamosa.
"If you wish to testify remotely, you will need to sign up through the General Assembly's registration website. In order for a remote testimony site to be available for testimony, at least one witness must be registered to testify at the site at least 24 hours before the hearing on the previous business day. The deadline is 10:00 a.m. for committees scheduled to meet Upon Adjournment. If at least one witness is registered by the deadline, additional witnesses may continue to sign up online to testify remotely until one hour before the scheduled hearing time and may sign up at the remote testimony site until public testimony on the bill concludes. Please note that there is no guarantee that all witnesses, including remote witnesses, will be permitted to testify on a bill, or that remote witnesses will be able to testify at a specific time."
MONDAY, FEB. 18
- The Colorado General Assembly is closed for observance of President's Day
TUESDAY, FEB. 19
House Education Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- House Bill 1123, Larson — Income Tax Deduction For 529 Acct K12 Expenses
Senate Transportation & Energy Committee, 2 p.m., Room 352
- House Bill 1034, Danielson — Minimum Two-person Crew On Freight Trains
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 20.
House Public Health Care & Human Services Committee, upon adjournment, Room 107
- House Bill 1120, Michaelson Jenet and Roberts — Youth Mental Healthy Education & Suicide Prevention AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
House Transportation & Local Government Committee
- House Bill 1099, Humphrey and Melton — Eliminate Red Light Cameras
THURSDAY, FEB. 21
House Rural Affairs & Agriculture Committee, upon adjournment, Room 107
- House Bill 1132, Buentello — School Incentives To Use Colorado Food & Producers — FOR ACTION ONLY
- House Bill 1162, Pelton — Expand Farm Equipment Sales & Use Tax Exemption
Senate Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 352
- Senate Bill 85, Danielson and Pettersen — Equal Pay For Equal Work Act
House Education Committee, 1:30 p.m., room 107
- House Bill 1171, Michaelson Jenet — Expand Child Nutrition School Lunch Protection Act
- Senate Bill 57, McCluskie — Employee Info Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Senate Bill 69, Wilson and Buentello — Nonpublic School Teacher Development Programs
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 271
- House Bill 1177, Sullivan and Garnett — Extreme Risk Protection Orders
Senate Health and Human Services Committee, 1:30 p.m., Legislative Services Building, Room B