Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead at the Colorado state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. The daily schedule is available on the legislature’s website.
Regarding remote testimony, here are the ground rules from the Legislative Council publication on public participation:
During the 2019 legislative session, six sites will be available for remote testimony for specific bill hearings: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Otero Junior College in La Junta, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Trinidad Junior College in Trinidad, Lamar Community College in Lamar, and Adams State University in Alamosa.
"If you wish to testify remotely, you will need to sign up through the General Assembly's registration website. In order for a remote testimony site to be available for testimony, at least one witness must be registered to testify at the site at least 24 hours before the hearing on the previous business day. The deadline is 10:00 a.m. for committees scheduled to meet Upon Adjournment. If at least one witness is registered by the deadline, additional witnesses may continue to sign up online to testify remotely until one hour before the scheduled hearing time and may sign up at the remote testimony site until public testimony on the bill concludes. Please note that there is no guarantee that all witnesses, including remote witnesses, will be permitted to testify on a bill, or that remote witnesses will be able to testify at a specific time."
MONDAY, FEB. 25
House Energy & Environment Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- House Bill 1143, Lontine — Distribute Plastic Straws Only Upon Request
Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 357
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 1, Sonnenberg — Transfer Of GOCO Money To State Ed Fund. Background here.
TUESDAY, FEB. 26
House Health & Insurance Committee, upon adjournment, Room 107
House Transportation & Local Government Committee, upon adjournment, Room 112
- House Bill 1096, Melton — Colorado Right To Rest
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- Senate Bill 49, Michaelson Jenet — Statute Of Limitation Failure to Report Child Abuse
Senate Finance Committee, 2 p.m., Room 357
- Senate Bill 140, Tate — Income Gain On Transactions Using Virtual Currency
- Senate Bill 2, Winter and Fenberg — Regulate Student Education Loan Servicers
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 27
House Health & Insurance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- House Bill 1076, Michaelson Jenet and Larson — Clean Indoor Air Act Add E-cigs Remove Exceptions
- House Bill 1168, McCluskie and Rich — State Innovation Waiver Reinsurance Program, AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
- House Bill 1176, Sirota and Jaquez Lewis — Health Care Cost Savings Act of 2019
THURSDAY, FEB. 28
House State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room LSB-A
- Senate Bill 68, Weissman and Cutter — Expand Disclosure Electioneering Communications. Background here.
Senate Finance Committee, upon adjournment, Room 357
- Senate Bill 139, Coram and Moreno — More CO Road & Community Safety Act Offices. AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY. Background here.
FRIDAY, MARCH 1
House Public Health Care & Human Services Committee, upon adjournment, Room 107
- House Bill 1102, Pelton and Lewis — Nonanimal & Lab-grown Meat Misbranding