Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead at the Colorado state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. The daily schedule is available on the Legislature’s website.
Regarding remote testimony, here are the ground rules from the Legislative Council publication on public participation:
During the 2019 legislative session, six sites will be available for remote testimony for specific bill hearings: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Otero Junior College in La Junta, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Trinidad Junior College in Trinidad, Lamar Community College in Lamar and Adams State University in Alamosa.
"If you wish to testify remotely, you will need to sign up through the General Assembly's registration website. In order for a remote testimony site to be available for testimony, at least one witness must be registered to testify at the site at least 24 hours before the hearing on the previous business day.
The deadline is 10:00 a.m. for committees scheduled to meet Upon Adjournment. If at least one witness is registered by the deadline, additional witnesses may continue to sign up online to testify remotely until one hour before the scheduled hearing time and may sign up at the remote testimony site until public testimony on the bill concludes.
Please note that there is no guarantee that all witnesses, including remote witnesses, will be permitted to testify on a bill, or that remote witnesses will be able to testify at a specific time."
NOTE ON THIS WEEK'S HOUSE SCHEDULE:
The House this week will work on Senate Bill 207, the Long Appropriations Bill, and related bills tied to the state's 2019-20 budget. The standard schedule in the past has been to introduce the bill on Monday, with House Appropriations and caucuses on Tuesday; second reading debate on Wednesday and a final vote on Thursday. This is tentative and subject to change, especially if there are requests to read the bill at length.
MONDAY, APRIL 1
Bill of the day
House Finance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 271
- House Bill 1257, Becker and McCluskie — Voter Approval To Retain Revenue For Education & Transportation. Background here.
- House Bill 1258, Becker and McCluskie — Allocate Voter-approved Revenue For Education & Transportation
House Rural Affairs & Agriculture, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- House Bill 1264, Roberts and Wilson — Conservation Easement Tax Credit Modifications. AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY. Background here and here.
Senate Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 352
- House Bill 1224, Winter — Free Menstrual Hygiene Products In Custody
Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 357
- Senate Bill 185, Fields and Lundeen — Protections For Minor Human Trafficking Victims. Background here.
TUESDAY, APRIL 2
House Business Affairs & Labor Committee, upon adjournment, Legislative Services Building Room A (LSB-A)
- House Bill 1234, Valdez A. and Singer — Regulated Marijuana Delivery, For Action Only
House Transportation and Local Government Committee, upon adjournment, Room 112
- House Bill 1246, Van Winkle and Kraft-Tharp — Local Government Regulation Of Food Truck
House State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., LSB-A
- House Bill 1266, Herod — Restore Voting Rights Parolees
- House Bill 1243, Coleman — 16-year-olds Voting School District Elections
Senate Transportation & Energy Committee, 2 p.m., Room 352
- House Bill 1207, Donovan and Rankin — Winter Conditions & Traction Control Requirements. Background here.
Bill of the day
Senate Finance Committee, 2 p.m., Room 357
- Senate Bill 188, Winter and Williams A. — FAMLI Family Medical Leave Insurance Program. For action only. Background here.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3
Senate Business, Labor & Technology Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 354
- House Bill 1118, Williams A. — Time Period To Cure Lease Violation
House Transportation & Local Government Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- Senate Bill 134, Galindo and Singer — More CO Road & Community Safety Act Offices. AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY. Background here.
- House Bill 1235, Van Winkle — Limit Encryption Of Dispatch Radio Communications
THURSDAY, APRIL 4
Senate Finance Committee, upon adjournment, Room 354
- House Bill 1217, Court and Tate — PERA Local Gov Division Member Contribution Rate
FRIDAY APRIL 5
House Energy & Environment Committee, upon adjournment, Room 112