Here are legislative committee hearings and other events of note for the week ahead at the Colorado state Capitol.
Committee schedules are subject to change. Given that the General Assembly is scheduled to adjourn for the year on May 3, the legislative calendar is expected to change frequently this week and next, which means a bill may be brought up either in committee or on the House or Senate floor at any time with little notice.
The daily schedule is available on the legislature’s website; announcements will be made daily about calendar changes during Senate and House floor work.
Regarding remote testimony, here are the ground rules from the Legislative Council publication on public participation:
During the 2019 legislative session, six sites will be available for remote testimony for specific bill hearings: Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, Otero Junior College in La Junta, Fort Lewis College in Durango, Trinidad Junior College in Trinidad, Lamar Community College in Lamar and Adams State University in Alamosa.
"If you wish to testify remotely, you will need to sign up through the General Assembly's registration website. In order for a remote testimony site to be available for testimony, at least one witness must be registered to testify at the site at least 24 hours before the hearing on the previous business day.
"The deadline is 10:00 a.m. for committees scheduled to meet Upon Adjournment. If at least one witness is registered by the deadline, additional witnesses may continue to sign up online to testify remotely until one hour before the scheduled hearing time and may sign up at the remote testimony site until public testimony on the bill concludes.
"Please note that there is no guarantee that all witnesses, including remote witnesses, will be permitted to testify on a bill, or that remote witnesses will be able to testify at a specific time."
MONDAY, APRIL 22
House Finance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Legislative Services Building Room A (LSB-A)
- House Bill 1327, Garnett and Neville — Authorize & Tax Sports Betting Referendum Under TABOR
Senate State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 357
- House Bill 1120, Fenberg and Coram — Youth Mental Health Education & Suicide Prevention. AVAILABLE FOR REMOTE TESTIMONY
- Senate Bill 244, Winter and Gardner — Management Of Legislative Workplace Conduct
TUESDAY, APRIL 23
House Judiciary Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 112
- House Bill 1324, Cutter and Bird — Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation
Senate Finance Committee, 2 p.m. Room 357
- House Bill 1257, Priola — Voter Approval To Retain Revenue For Education & Transportation
- House Bill 1258, Court and Priola — Allocate Voter-approved Revenue For Education & Transportation
- Senate Bill 255, Court and Tate — Gallagher Amendment Residential Assessment Rate
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23
Senate Business, Labor & Technology Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 354
- House Bill 1298, Priola — Electric Motor Vehicle Charging Station Parking
House Health & Insurance Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 107
- Senate Bill 5, Jaquez Lewis — Import Prescription Drugs From Canada - FOR ACTION ONLY
THURSDAY, APRIL 24
Senate Education Committee, 1:30 p.m., Room 352
- House Bill 1110, Pettersen — Media Literacy
Senate Health & Human Services Committee, 1:30 p.m., LSB-B
- House Bill 1168, Donovan and Rankin — State Innovation Waiver Reinsurance Program