A spokesperson for Dominion Voting Systems suggested MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell will soon get sued for peddling election fraud claims in support of former President Donald Trump, most recently in a documentary that aired last week.
"Mike Lindell is begging to be sued, and at some point, we may well oblige him," Michael Steel, a spokesperson for the voting technology company, told CNN's Brian Stelter on Sunday. "I think he's trying to get ahead of the fact that he is spreading disinformation, spreading lies in his latest quote-unquote documentary that he aired is nothing but the same old half-baked conspiracy theories repackaged, and the truth is catching up with him."
Lindell, who has been one of the leading voices to claim the 2020 presidential election was ripe with fraud stemming from both Dominion and Smartmatic machines and software, released a documentary titled "Absolute Proof," which aired on One America News Network on Friday.
OANN preceded the video with a disclaimer that read, "Mr. Lindell is the sole author and executive producer of this program and is solely and exclusively responsible for its content. This program is not the product of OAN's reporting. The statements and claims expressed in this program are presented at this time as opinions only and are not intended to be taken or interpreted by the viewer as established facts."
The businessman and Trump ally was warned by Dominion in mid-January of an imminent lawsuit if he continued to spread his unverified claims.
"You have positioned yourself as a prominent leader of the ongoing misinformation campaign," the letter to Lindell, obtained by the Washington Examiner, cautioned. "Litigation regarding these issues is imminent."
Lindell's Twitter account was removed last month, and the account for his business, MyPillow, was deactivated after he tried to use it for personal reasons. The CEO's documentary has also been stripped from YouTube following misinformation claims.
Lindell, like Trump-aligned attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sydney Powell, have made election machine claims against Dominion and Smartmatic that have been roundly rejected by election officials, the voting machine companies themselves, and the courts.
"These are business rivals," Steel told Stelter. "These are rival companies competing for customers across the country, and I think that what you're seeing is them pursuing their legal strategy, us pursuing our legal strategy, but there's no coordination between us. At the same time, I think we share the same goal, which is to get the truth and the facts out to the American people that this was one of them most secure elections in American history."
Both Dominion and Smartmatic have begun to pursue legal action against numerous people and outlets they deemed complicit in the voter fraud claims.
On Friday, Fox News announced it would be ending Lou Dobb's program Lou Dobbs Tonight following a $2.7 billion lawsuit from Smartmatic against him, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro. A Fox spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that the decision to part ways with Dobbs was part of planned changes in the works since before the November election.
Steel did not take Fox News off the table for possible litigation in the future.
"We've sent preservation letters asking them to maintain the records in case we choose to pursue litigation at some point. It is definitely a possibility," he told Stelter. "The right thing to do would have been to silence Dobbs, shut him down, get him to stop spreading these poisonous lies months ago before the assault on the cathedral of our democracy in the Capitol of the United States before he was facing billions of dollars worth of lawsuits at his network."