CoPo's weekly political calendar will help you find political and public-policy events throughout Colorado. It includes candidate and issue campaign events, public policy meetings, court hearings, state and local party conventions, assemblies, debates, rallies, parades, speaking engagements, traveling dignitary appearances, water meetings, book signings, county commission hearings, city council meetings and more. As a subscriber, you can submit your own events for publication to email@example.com for free publication on this page. Please include who, what, when, where and why for each event.
(Party designations: R-Republican, D-Democrat, L-Libertarian, G-Green, S-Socialist.)
Monday, August 26
• (R) Jefferson Republican Men’s Club, 7-9 a.m., 10151 W. 26th Ave., Wheat Ridge, Contact Fred Holden at 303-421-7619, Cost $5 plus breakfast.
• (R) Larimer County Republican Breakfast Club, 7-9 a.m., Johnson’s Corner at Southeast Frontage Road at I-25 Exit 254, Cost $10.
• CoLeg: Prison Population Management Interim Study Committee, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol Old State Library.
• CoLeg: Making Higher Education Attainable Interim Study Committee, 10 a.m., State Capitol SCR 352.
• DRCOG: Transportation Advisory Committee, Aspen Birch Conference Room 1001 17th St., Denver.
• Aurora: City Council Special Study Session, 4-9 p.m., Aurora Room, 1st Floor, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora. Contact Stephen Ruger at 303-739-7094.
• Lakewood: City Council Study Session, 5 p.m., Council Chambers, 480 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood.
• Denver City Council Meeting, 5:30-9 p.m., City Hall.
• (D) El Paso County Democrats Communication Committee, 6-7 p.m., 332 W. Bijou St., Colorado Springs.
• Lakewood: City Council Regular Meeting, 7 p.m., Council Chambers, 480 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood.
• Westminster: City Council Meeting, 7-10:30, 4800 W. 92nd Ave., Westminster.
• (D) Dinner Planning Committee, 6-8 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
Tuesday, August 27
• CoLeg: Opioid and Other Substance Use Disorders Study Committee, 9:30 a.m., State Capitol Old State Library.
• Denver City Council: Land Use, Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, 10:30 a.m., City & County Building, Room 391.
• Aurora: Management & Finance Policy Committee, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Ponderosa Room 5th Floor 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora.
• (D) Montrose County: Women’s Suffrage March, 4-7 p.m., 320 S. First St., Montrose. Marchers are encouraged to wear 1920s era clothing and brings signs to recognize the occasion. For more information visit facebook.com/events/693697497722482/.
• Aurora: Open Space Board, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Sand Creek Room, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora. Contact Megan Knell at 303-739-6953 for more information.
• (D) Meet and Greet, 5:30-7:30 p.m., 2 Rascals Brewing at 147 N. 1st St., Montrose. Scheduled speaker is Montrose Police Chief Brian Hall.
• Centennial: Open Space Advisory Board Meeting, 6 p.m., 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• (R) SEAR Southeast Aurora Republican Forum, 6-8:30 p.m., 23155 E. Heritage Parkway, Aurora. Social hour at 6, Program begins at 6:30.
• (R) Fremont County GOP Meeting, 6:30-7:30 p.m., 603 Main St., Cañon City.
• (D) Sustainable Broomfield Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., 640 Main Street, Broomfield, visit www.facebook.com/SustainableBroomfield/ for more information.
• (S) Tech Committee, 6:30-8 p.m., Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library Conference Room B, 305 Milwaukee St., Denver.
• (S) Immigration Working Group Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 1400 N. Lafayette St., Denver.
• Broomfield City Council Meeting, 6-10 p.m., 1 Descombes Drive, Broomfield, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• (D) Energy and Environment Committee, 7-9 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
Wednesday, August 28
• CoLeg: Early Childhood and School Readiness Legislative Commission, 9 a.m., State Capitol SCR 357.
• DRCOG: ACT (Agency Coordination Team)/ICG (Air Quality Interagency Consultation Group), 9 a.m., Red Rocks Conference Room, 1001 17th St, Denver.
• Aurora: Veterans Affairs Stand Down Committee, 10:20-11:20 a.m., Heritage Christian Center 14401 E Exposition Ave., Aurora. Contact email@example.com.
• (R) Lincoln Club of Colorado Monthly Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., 1325 Glenarm Place, Denver. Cost $25 Members and $30 guests, Reservations are due by Friday before meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• (R) Larimer County Republican Club, 12-1:30 p.m., 2626 South College Ave., Fort Collins. Contact Ingrid Mitts at 970-224-1927.
• DRCOG: Regional Transportation Operations Working Group, 1:30-3:30 p.m., Red Rocks Conference Room, 1001 17th St., Denver.
• U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and U.S. Rep. Joe Neguse: "The Fight for Affordable Health Care," 1:30-3 p.m., Omni Interlocken Hotel, 500 Interlocken Blvd., Broomfield. Registration closed, click here to be wait listed.
• Aurora: Housing, Neighborhood Services & Redevelopment Policy Committee, 4-5:30 p.m., Mount Elbert Conference Room, 5th Floor, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora. Contact Lydia Taft at 303-739-7923.
• (D) Protect Pete Lee Canvas and Phone bank, 5:30-7:30 p.m., 218 W. Colorado, Colorado Springs.
• (L) Mesa County Social, 5:30-8:30 p.m., 120 North Ave., Grand Junction.
• Centennial: Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting, 6 p.m., 13133 E. Arapahoe Road, Centennial.
• (D) Thinking Liberally-August, 6-8:30 p.m., 1100 US-287 a500, Broomfield, visit bromfielddems.org to RSVP or call 720-432-8388.
• Westminster: Environmental Advisory Board Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m., CMO Conference Room, 4800 W 92nd Ave., Westminster.
• (D) Officers Meeting JeffCo Dems, 6:30-8 p.m., 8725 W. 14th Ave., Lakewood.
• (D) Platform Committee Meeting, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• Westminster: Historic Landmark Board Meeting, 7-8:30 p.m., 4800 W. 92nd Ave., Westminster.
Thursday, August 29
• Broomfield Chamber of Commerce-City Council Candidate Forum, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 665 Flatiron Marketplace Drive, Broomfield.
• (L) Boulder Libertarian Lunch, 12:15-2 p.m., 645 30th St., Boulder.
• DRCOG: Arapahoe County Transportation Forum, 3-5 p.m., West Hearing Room, 5334 S. Prince St., Littleton.
• (D) Economic Inequality Study Group, 7-8:30 p.m., 574 S. Broadway, Denver.
• (S) Socialist Feminist Committee Meeting, 7-9 p.m., 2526 E. Colfax Ave., Denver.
Friday, August 30
• (D) LAC at JeffCo Dem HQ, 6-7 p.m., 8725 W. 14th Ave., Lakewood.
• (R) Republicans of Highlands Ranch, 7-8:30 a.m., Salsa Bravo, 52 W. Springer Drive, Highlands Ranch. Contact Jeff Walden at 720-628-4787.
Sunday, September 1
• (L) JeffCo Fundraiser — French Wine and Pastries, 3-7 p.m., 19588 W. 60th Lane, Golden. $10 Donation. Contact Miguel at 720-335-8761.